Australian cruising – is it off the agenda due to COVID19 ?
Maybe international cruising is although most companies schedule river and ocean cruises 2 years or more in advance meaning you can book now for 2022 / 2023 and in doing so get some very good deals.
Cruising from Australian ports is still available especially in areas like the Kimberley Coast and Great Barrier Reef.
At PYT & Cruise we now offer you direct access to browse and book with one of Australia's biggest and best cruise wholesalers HERE
Yes the Ruby Princess left us with a concern about cruising but the industry is taking stock of what happened and putting in place new procedures.
With lessons learned, likely changes will be
· thorough screening of all passengers pre boarding
· thorough sanitisation of the ship between cruises
· strong enforcement of social distancing on board
· improved food distribution techniques
Cruising will be a safe holiday for everyone.
Maybe for a time cruises will have less people on board and longer time between cruises.
But if that means the ships can start moving again then why not?
Meanwhile, we have been given a great opportunity to explore our own country and cruise amazing parts of our own coastline.
We have so much amazing coastal scenery which is so wonderful to appreciate from offshore – coastal cruising lets you do both on-shore sight seeing and off-shore viewing.
One of the great Australian cruises is the Kimberley Coast run.
Exploring the Kimberley region on a small ship expedition through the landscape, nature and Indigenous connections is an unforgettable experience.
And why not cruise on and around the Great Barrier Reef?
There are many options for Australian cruising, including the many coastal city to city cruises, for example
· Fremantle to Sydney
· Brisbane to Darwin
· Cairns to Broome
· Sydney to Hobart
Or consider the same port cruises, for example
· Broome to Broome visiting offshore islands and coastal features
· Cairns to Cairns visiting offshore islands and reefs
· Hobart to Hobart visiting the Tasmania coastline, including the Freycinet coastline
· Adelaide to Adelaide including Kangaroo Island
Many travellers who book through us choose to combine their domestic cruising as part of a longer trip. One of the more popular ones for is Perth-Adelaide (train) | return cruise to Kangaroo Island | cruise on the River Murray in an historic Paddle Steamer | Adelaide-Perth (fly) - or in reverse from Adelaide
If you love the cruising experience it is still available for you now domestically.
And there’s plenty of options.
However, if international cruising still beckons, you can book ahead for post COVID deals:
· Pandaw River Cruises: Asia and Indochina - can be booked now for up to April 2023
· Uniworld: Budapest to Prague - can be booked up to October 2022
· Azamara: Capetown to Capetown - can booked to February 2022
· Hurtigruten: Norwegian Coast - can be booked to April 2022
· Holland America: Alaska - can be booked to late 2021
BROWSE OR BOOK ONLINE HERE for your next cruising holiday.